All our Grants for Education, Health and Sports are fully allocated for this quarter.
Applications will reopen on 7 January 2019
Ngāti Koata Trust Grants
Ngāti Koata Trust provides Health, Education and Sports grants to members of the iwi. Grant funding is allocated quarterly, the dates being:
- 7 January – 31 March
- 1 April – 30 June
- 1 July – 31 September
- 1 October – 20 December
- Approval for assistance in any particular year is for that year only, and does not automatically mean future applications will be approved.
- Iwi members can apply for one grant per category per financial year.
- Please ensure all requested documentation is attached to your application.
- Where grants are approved, the amount approved may not cover the total amount requested.
If you have any queries please contact Kimiora McGregor on 03 548 1639, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant applicant is registered or whakapapa verified with Ngāti Koata Trust and has an Iwi ID number. This includes tamariki. Unsure whether you are whakapapa verified? Please contact Ngāti Koata Trust to check this for you before you submit your application. If you are whakapapa verified, you will have an Iwi ID number. We are more than happy to guide you through this process if needed.
To Apply for a Grant:
- Fill in the applicable application form.
- Attach ALL requested documentation to complete your application.
- Submit your complete application to Ngāti Koata Trust.
- The requested documentation is required for processing and auditing purposes.
- Applications received without all of the requested documentation are considered incomplete.
- Incomplete applications are not able to be processed. Incomplete applications received in person or by post will be returned to applicants.
Submitting your Application:
- Submit your application in person at 137 Vickerman Street, Nelson; or by email to email@example.com; or by post toNgāti Koata Trust, PO Box 1659, Nelson 7040, New Zealand;
- Applications submitted in person may be received from the first day of a new grants quarter;
- Applications submitted by email may be received from the first day of a new grants quarter (NZST);
- Applications submitted by post may be posted up to 3 days prior to a new grants quarter;
- Any applications received earlier than the prescribed timeframes above will not be processed.
Processing your Application:
- Receipt of all grant applications will be acknowledged;
- Complete grant applications received during an open grants quarter are sorted, processed and reviewed in the date and time order they are received;
- Please allow 3 – 4 weeks for your application to be processed;
- Each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their grant application by email (unless otherwise requested);
- Applications that are not able to be processed because grant funding for that quarter have been fully allocated may be re-submitted at the next quarter.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Techology | Te Whare Wānanga o Te Tau Ihu o Te Waka ā Māui:
Click here for a full list of Scholarships at NMIT:
- Kaiapa (Jack) Kohe Memorial Scholarship for Ngāti Koata
- Pene Ruruku Memorial Scholarship for Māori
- Equity Scholarship – Māori
Click here to apply for the Wakatū Incorporation Tertiary Scholarship. Applicants must be Wakatū shareholders or descendants of Wakatū shareholders and demonstrate a strong desire to get qualified.
The Marlborough Lines Tertiary Scholarship for Māori is available to Māori studying at tertiary level who reside within the Marlborough Lines region (westwards of D’Urville Island, north to the Marlborough Sounds and south to Waipapa Bay). Applications for the 2016 Scholarship are now open, and close on Friday 25 November. Click here for information about this grant. Click here for the Application Form.
Other Grants and Scholarships
For more information on Scholarships you can also visit these websites: