Please be aware that all Ngāti Koata Trust Grants are now closed for the April 2016 – March 2017 financial year. The budget for each category (Education, Health and Sports) have been fully allocated.
All Grants will reopen in April for all three categories for all costs incurred in the April 2017 – March 2018 year.
Registered iwi members can apply for one grant in each category per year.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any further inquiries.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE – COMMERCIAL
- Develop and execute Ngati Koata Commercial Group strategy
- 0.5 FTE
The Ngati Koata Commercial Group comprises of Koata Limited and Te Kete Aronui o Ngati Koata Limited, both are asset owning entities of Ngati Koata Trust and Te Pataka o Ngati Koata Trust. The Ngati Koata Group, which comprises both the Commercial Group and the two Trusts, are guided by the following non-negotiable values that seamlessly intertwine through the Group’s organisations: Kaitiakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Rangatiratanga (Kotahitanga), Whakatupuranga (Auahutanga-Matauranga), Manaakitanga and Wairuatanga.
The board of directors are seeking a 0.5 FTE CE to support the development, evolution and execution of the commercial strategy. The CE will model behaviour and conduct that upholds the mana of Ngati Koata. The position will maintain relationships with key partners and support commercial operations to meet strategic outcomes.
Reporting to the Chair of the commercial board, the CE will ensure that Commercial Group business plans are appropriately resourced, that prudent fiscal management is applied, and accurate, timely reporting is maintained.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A relevant business degree
- At least 5-7 year ‘s senior leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in strategy development and execution
- Sound fiscal, due diligence, and negotiation knowledge
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Confidence and appreciative respect of kaupapa Maori, te reo me ona tikanga, and relationships within te ao Maori.
Your leadership/management style will inspire and motivate those around you, whilst your ability to engage key partners will ensure enduring relationships. Your commercial, strategic and political acumen will see current and future investments and operations meet desired outcomes.
For a position description and application form visit http://rezource.nz/jobs-board/
To apply please load your CV and cover letter to our jobsite or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be requested to fill in an application form on receipt of your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Sacha MacDonald at 027 386 9288
Applications close: 08 February 2017
The Ngāti Koata Trust Board elections were held on Saturday 5 November at Whakatū Marae. There were two seats available, and five very capable candidates. We would like to thank all the candidates for standing for election.
We are very pleased to welcome George Elkington and Anthony Pātete back onto the Board following the Trustee Election. George is returning to the Board after a five year absence. Anthony has been reelected and will serve his second consecutive term on the Board.
Raima Hippolite, in third place, will be the Alternate should any Trustee stand down in the next twelve months.
Tai tumu, tai pari. Te hotu nui a Hinemoana.
We would also like to thank Jeanette Grace for her six years on the Board. We acknowledge your many contributions to the iwi. He wahine whakaaro nui ki te iwi e whai ana i te iti kahurangi. Tēnā koe e te tuahine.
And thank you to all those who participated in the election of our Trustees. It is wonderful to have so many of our whānau active in the affairs of their iwi. Ngā mihi ki ā kōutou katoa.
The Ngāti Koata Trust Board is calling for expressions of interest for a Ngāti Koata representative on the Tiakina Te Taiao Ltd Board.
Tiakina Te Taiao is an iwi mandated resource management entity that provides iwi resource management and environmental advisory for Ngāti Koata, Ngāti Rārua, Ngāti Tama, Te Ātiawa, NRAIT and Wakatu Incorporation.
The role of Tiakina Te Taiao is to raise awareness of tikanga and mātauranga Maori in resource management and environmental research, and development of community based initiatives. It:
- advocates for the protection of cultural heritage,
- provides cultural, social and educational aspects for understanding on Council urban and rural development,
- enhancement and protection of the natural environment from a Māori worldview for the wider Tasman and Nelson communities,
- advises Council on iwi being engaged and consulted in Council and National processes and procedures,
- assists in managing the environment and ngā taonga tuku iho which are core to manawhenua iwi identity and survival.
The key objectives of the organisation are:
- to facilitate, support and enable manawhenua iwi to practice kaitiakitanga in all areas of resource management in Te Tau Ihu,
- to provide a proactive and professional iwi resource management and environmental advisory service,
- to advocate for the protection of Maori cultural heritage (e.g. archaeological sites),
- to elevate iwi concerns, values and profile in the resource management and environmental area,
- to upskill and empower iwi members, to participate in this work in order to facilitate and implement kaitiakitanga (guardianship)
The role of the Ngāti Koata representative is:
- to effectively represent the interests of Ngāti Koata iwi
- to advocate and promote the goals and objectives of the Ngāti Koata Trust Strategic Plan
- to report to Ngāti Koata Trust Board
- to be an active, responsible member of the Tiakina Te Taiao Board
There is a renumeration package based on a meeting fee.
For further information please contact the Ngāti Koata Trust Office.
The Ngāti Koata Trust (NKT) and Te Pātaka a Ngāti Koata Trust Boards (TPNKT) seek letters of application for the following role:
Independent Member – Audit and Risk Committee Ngāti Koata Group
The Independent Member must be a member of the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants, and have several years experience in financial accounting and statutory reporting across a variety of businesses.
The position is part of the committee accountable to the NKT and TPNKT boards. As an independent member you will help perform the review and monitor the effectiveness of the audit function and risk management systems for the consolidated Ngāti Koata Group, including the Commercial companies.
The Committee meets five times per annum, including with the external auditor, and at any other time as may be required. An annual remuneration package of $5,000 is offered for the position. It is expected that the successful applicant will be based in Nelson.
Interested applicants may request a Position Description which includes a copy each of the Expression of Interest for Appointment form to be completed by the applicant and the HR Committee’s terms of reference.
Interested applicants may then submit an Expression of Interest form and, if they chose, a covering letter applying for the position, along with a current CV, including referees and any other information considered to be relevant. These should be sent by post or email to email@example.com to arrive no later than 4pm, 12 October 2016.
All applicants will be notified of receipt of their application within two days and will receive a letter advising the outcome of the written application within one week of the close off date.
Ngāti Koata Trust would like to welcome Joanie Wilson to the Board of Ngāti Koata Trust. Joanie has many skills and qualifications to bring to the Board including a Bachelor of Teaching and Learning, and a Post Graduate Poutahu Whakaakoranga. She is currently working as Kaiārahi Māori for the Nelson Tasman Kindergartens and brings a wealth of experience, and a passion for, oranga tamariki and oranga whānau.
Joanie is filling the vacancy from last years Trustee election.
We wish to congratulate you on your appointment to the Board. Ngā mihi ki ā koe e te tuahine. Nau mai ki te Poari o Ngāti Koata. Mā whero mā pango ka oti te mahi.