Koata Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ngāti Koata Trust. It is an Asset Holding Company in compliance with the Fisheries Act.
Koata Ltd’s holdings include:
- Shares in Aotearoa Fisheries Ltd
- Fisheries Quota (480,177kgs)
- Partnership in the Port Nicholson Fisheries LLP (Crayfish ACE)
- A 25% share in the Tui Joint Venture (Tasman Bay mussel farming)
- Shareholder in Kotato Ltd (Fisheries)
- Shareholder in the following Ring Road companies:
- Tasman Bay Ring Road Farming Ltd
- Tasman Bay Ring Road Spat Catching Ltd
- Golden Bay Ring Road Farming Ltd
- Golden Bay Ring Road Spat Catching Ltd
The Directors of Koata Ltd are:
The Ngāti Koata Group is pleased to welcome Dave Ashcroft to the team. Dave brings a wealth of experience and skills to the team.
Dave was born in Auckland and is married to Victoria. Dave and Victoria have three children who were all born and bred in Nelson.
Dave is a member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), New Zealand Institute of Directors (NZIoD), and Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD). He has worked in accounting and governance in New Zealand, Europe, North America and Australia and has experience across a wide variety of industries including Fishing and Aquaculture. In 2014 Dave won the Aspiring Director Award for NZIoD Nelson Marlborough.
Dave is the Chair of the Board of Trustees at Enner Glynn School, an independent member of the NMDHB Audit and Risk Committee, a Board member at Age Concern Nelson Tasman, and coach of a junior girl’s football team at Suburbs FC.
Ngāti Koata is delighted to have Dave on the Audit and Risk Committee of the Trusts, and since July 2016, as a Director of the Ngāti Koata Commercial Group entities.