Nominations for two Trustees on the Ngāti Koata Trust closed at 12 noon on Friday 28 July 2017. The
following nominations were received:
- HIPPOLITE Frank
- McGREGOR Melanie
- MORGAN H Raima
- PEMBERTON Hayley
- SPEERS Tom
As the number of valid nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies available, an election is
therefore required and will be conducted by postal and internet voting. Voter packs, together with
information about the candidates will be sent to all registered and verified adult members of the Trust on
Monday 21st August 2017, with voting closing at 12 noon Saturday 23 September 2017. Any member who
does not receive a voting document or requires a replacement should ring the election helpline on
0800 666 047.
The Trust also invites anyone who has not already enrolled, aged 18 years and over and with the
appropriate whakapapa, to apply to be included on the Trust’s register.
Returning Officer – Ngāti Koata Trust
0800 666 047 or email@example.com
(Click here to see the original letter)
Ngāti Koata Trust is proud to be associated with Ngā Tau Mīharo | Incredible Years.
Incredible Years is a programme for parents, children and teachers to prevent and treat young children’s behaviour problems and promote their social, emotional and academic competence.
The next programme starts on Friday 11th August 2017. In order to ascertain commitment to and suitability for attending the programme, all people referred will be individually interviewed by the facilitators at the programme venue, Ministry of Education, 19 Haven Road. Interviews will take place on the following dates:
- Wednesday 26th July;
- Thursday 27th July;
- Wednesday 2nd August;
- Friday 4th August
Read below for an overview of the programme, or contact Huhana Hippolite-van Steeden for further information on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0274888283
An Overview of the Incredible Years Parent Programme Details
- Prevention of conduct behavioural problems.
- Promotion of child social competence, emotional regulation, positive attributions, academic readiness and problem solving.
- Improved parent-child interactions, building positive parent-child relationships and attachment, improved parental functioning, less harsh and more nurturing parenting, and increased parental social support and problem solving.
Programme in Action:
- Each parent group session is 3 hours long and conducted at weekly intervals. Involves 2 trained group leaders with 14-18 participants.
Group Methods Include:
- Discussions (small & large group).
- Goal setting and problem solving.
- Developing skills in positive self-talk.
- Group brainstorming to identify social learning principles and effective behaviour management strategies.
- DVD vignettes of parents, teachers and their children.
- Role-play practice or behavioural rehearsal.
- Homework reading and practice.
- Weekly/fortnightly leader phone calls to parents.
Resources Provided to Parents:
- The Incredible Years book for each parent.
- Folders with weekly hand-outs and home activities assignments.
Parent Program Content Includes:
- Respect and understanding children and their developmental abilities, modelling social skills, child-directed play, balancing power, descriptive commenting, academic, social, emotion and persistence coaching, differential attention, ignoring, modelling principle, and having fun.
- Having developmentally appropriate expectations for child-depending on child’s age, temperament and developmental abilities.
- Positive parenting, controlling emotions and improving relationships, effective communication skills, family problem solving, enhancing children’s learning, anger management, and managing conflict.
- Establishing rules, predictable routines and children’s responsibilities as well as ongoing monitoring and supporting children’s academic achievement through by coaching children’s homework and partnering with teachers.
Click on the link below for the Consent for Referral Form and the Introduction Letter to Potential Referrers
Consent for Referral Form