Please be aware that all Ngāti Koata Trust Grants are now closed for the April 2016 – March 2017 financial year. The budget for each category (Education, Health and Sports) have been fully allocated.
All Grants will reopen in April for all three categories for all costs incurred in the April 2017 – March 2018 year.
Registered iwi members can apply for one grant in each category per year.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any further inquiries.
Ngāti Koata Trust is proud to be associated with Ngā Tau Mīharo | Incredible Years.
Incredible Years is a programme for parents, children and teachers to prevent and treat young children’s behaviour problems and promote their social, emotional and academic competence.
Interviews start on Friday 3 February, but referrals are open now.
Read below for an overview of the programme, or contact Huhana Hippolite-van Steeden for further information on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0274888283
An Overview of the Incredible Years Parent Programme Details
- Prevention of conduct behavioural problems.
- Promotion of child social competence, emotional regulation, positive attributions, academic readiness and problem solving.
- Improved parent-child interactions, building positive parent-child relationships and attachment, improved parental functioning, less harsh and more nurturing parenting, and increased parental social support and problem solving.
Programme in Action:
- Each parent group session is 3 hours long and conducted at weekly intervals. Involves 2 trained group leaders with 14-18 participants.
Group Methods Include:
- Discussions (small & large group).
- Goal setting and problem solving.
- Developing skills in positive self-talk.
- Group brainstorming to identify social learning principles and effective behaviour management strategies.
- DVD vignettes of parents, teachers and their children.
- Role play practice or behavioural rehearsal.
- Homework reading and practice.
- Weekly/fortnightly leader phone calls to parents.
Resources Provided to Parents:
- The Incredible Years book for each parent.
- Folders with weekly hand-outs and home activities assignments.
Parent Program Content Includes:
- Respect and understanding children and their developmental abilities, modelling social skills, child-directed play, balancing power, descriptive commenting, academic, social, emotion and persistence coaching, differential attention, ignoring, modelling principle, and having fun.
- Having developmentally appropriate expectations for child-depending on child’s age, temperament and developmental abilities.
- Positive parenting, controlling emotions and improving relationships, effective communication skills, family problem solving, enhancing children’s learning, anger management, and managing conflict.
- Establishing rules, predictable routines and children’s responsibilities as well as ongoing monitoring and supporting children’s academic achievement through by coaching children’s homework and partnering with teachers.
Click on the link below for the Consent for Referral Form
Consent for Referral Form
CHIEF EXECUTIVE – COMMERCIAL
- Develop and execute Ngati Koata Commercial Group strategy
- 0.5 FTE
The Ngati Koata Commercial Group comprises of Koata Limited and Te Kete Aronui o Ngati Koata Limited, both are asset owning entities of Ngati Koata Trust and Te Pataka o Ngati Koata Trust. The Ngati Koata Group, which comprises both the Commercial Group and the two Trusts, are guided by the following non-negotiable values that seamlessly intertwine through the Group’s organisations: Kaitiakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Rangatiratanga (Kotahitanga), Whakatupuranga (Auahutanga-Matauranga), Manaakitanga and Wairuatanga.
The board of directors are seeking a 0.5 FTE CE to support the development, evolution and execution of the commercial strategy. The CE will model behaviour and conduct that upholds the mana of Ngati Koata. The position will maintain relationships with key partners and support commercial operations to meet strategic outcomes.
Reporting to the Chair of the commercial board, the CE will ensure that Commercial Group business plans are appropriately resourced, that prudent fiscal management is applied, and accurate, timely reporting is maintained.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A relevant business degree
- At least 5-7 year ‘s senior leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in strategy development and execution
- Sound fiscal, due diligence, and negotiation knowledge
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Confidence and appreciative respect of kaupapa Maori, te reo me ona tikanga, and relationships within te ao Maori.
Your leadership/management style will inspire and motivate those around you, whilst your ability to engage key partners will ensure enduring relationships. Your commercial, strategic and political acumen will see current and future investments and operations meet desired outcomes.
For a position description and application form visit http://rezource.nz/jobs-board/
To apply please load your CV and cover letter to our jobsite or email it to email@example.com You will be requested to fill in an application form on receipt of your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Sacha MacDonald at 027 386 9288
Applications close: 08 February 2017