Applications for the 2016 Tertiary Scholarship for Māori are now open.
Scholarship applications are restricted to those who reside within the catchment of Marlborough Lines (ie the Marlborough region westwards to d’Urville Island, north to the Marlborough Sounds and south to Waipapa Bay).
The closing date for application is Friday 25 November 2016.
The Application Form can be completed either electronically, delivered to the Marlborough Lines office reception on Alfred Street in Blenheim, or posted by mail.
- The scholarship is for one year only. Successful applicants may reapply for the scholarship in subsequent years.
- Information requested is essential in determining applications. In respect to all written applications the decision of the appointment panel is final.
- Applications are invited from those who reside within the catchment of Marlborough Lines (ie the Marlborough region westwards to d’Urville Islande, north to the Marlborough Sounds and south to Waipapa Bay).
- Priority is given to those who:
- Are descended from at least one of the following Marlborough iwi – Ngāti Apa, Ngāti Koata, Ngāi Tahu, Ngāti Kuia, Ngāti Rārua, Ngāti Toarangatira, Rangitāne and Te Ātiawa
- Can demonstrate their involvement in Te Ao Māori
- Can identify strongly with the Marlborough region
- Are studying towards a tertiary qualification in the forthcoming academic year
- Can show evidence of the ability to undertake tertiary study
- The scholarship will be granted on written confirmation from the tertiary institution concerned, that the applicant has been accepted on the course of study
- Applications close on Friday 25 November 2016
Click here for the application form